Thursday, August 19, 2010

Welcome to SGU News

This blog is a site to hold stories about Sinte Gleska University written by Sammie Bordeaux, SGU Student Support Services English Instructor, and by various others (students, staff, faculty). The blog serves as a place to hold stories which are linked through Facebook to a group of people interested in news about SGU.

I am not the "official" news person at SGU, it's more of a role I'm assuming due to the lack of an official news person at SGU. Hence, this blog is run by a volunteer, though I do have a contract with the SGU Land Institute to write, design and publish a quarterly newsletter, Makoce Wounspe (Land Education Newsletter).

I'll cover news about the University, campus and students until I'm told to stop. Of course, I will not publish anything that actually brings harm to the University, campus or students. I'm only interested in reporting the news to keep people informed and to create a record of the events and stories at Sinte Gleska University. I've been writing for and about the University since about 1990, sometimes as a part of my job and sometimes as a reporter for other newspapers, and sometimes just because it's been my interest for the past 20 years.

If you have questions or comments, you can post them on the blog posts. Comments will be moderated, but I believe in free speech. Comments that are constructive will remain on the post. Trolling comments will be deleted. Libelous statements will also be deleted unless proof of such statements can be authenticated. You can contact me through the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment